Privacy Notice Framework Soltrack
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements and delivering services accordingly. For this purpose, we will collect contact details including your name and organisation.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
Who we are:
The strength of our company is our significant level of resources, our access to the latest technology and our vast range of products, which can be combined in modular ways to provide holistic integrated solutions to meet the needs of our clients.
We apply our experience gained over the years in the industry to devise, implement and maintain tracking and related management solutions on behalf of our customer fleets and drivers.
Factors that deliver Return on Investment (ROI) from the first month are established at the outset of our service contracts and Soltrack will endeavor that their solutions are relevant and focused on the current needs of the clients.
Our solutions are modular to ensure cost-effective and strategic fit and flexible enough to ensure beneficial and long-lasting relationships.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information, including but not limited to:
- Client names;
- Email details;
- VAT Numbers;
- Company registration numbers;
- Case numbers;
- Banking details
- Vehicle registration numbers / Chassis numbers
- Id numbers
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Contractual obligations;
- Payment collection purposes;
- Tracking and Monitoring vehicles
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Fitment Centres
- SAPS Case numbers
We may share this information with:
- Banking Institutions;
- SARS- verification purposes/Vat Audit;
- Credit checks
- Vehicle Information/With 3rd party company (Israel)
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of Section 11 of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI), the justification ground on which we base our processing consists out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored: on our Fusion Software and at our premises.
We keep your information according to our data retention policy. We will then dispose of your information according to our data destruction policy.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- You may also request us to correct or supplement any of your personal data which we will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. We will consider your request considering any other laws or regulations prohibiting us from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at +27 (0)11 824 0066 if you wish to make a request.
Name: Soltrack (Pty) Ltd
Address: 8 Viscount Road, Viscount office park, Block C unit 4&5 Bedfordview, Johannesburg, 2008
Phone Number: +27 011 824 0066
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
POPIA Complaints email: POPIAcomplaints.IR@justice.gov.za
PAIA Complaints email: PAIAcomplaints.IR@justice.gov.za